1. What information we collect;
2. How it is collected;
3. With whom it is shared;
4. How it can be corrected or removed;
5. How it is secured;
6. Privacy of minors;
7. Information about using the Company’s Site or Services;
8. How policy changes will be communicated; and
9. How to contact the Company.
1. Information Collected by the Company. The Company collects Personal Information and Non-Personal Information from its users. “Personal information” is any information that the Company could use to identify an individual. It does not include personal information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public information. Examples of Personal Information that may be collected includes, but is not limited to:
i. Your name, address, social security number, date of birth, telephone number and e-mail address.
ii. Credit and debit card account information collected from you or your credit reports.
iii. Miscellaneous information, such as city of birth and mother’s maiden name, used to verify your identity in the event you forget your login information.
iv. Information you provide us through customer service correspondence and general feedback.
v. Media content you choose to submit to us, such as commentary about our products and services, testimonials, or other similar content you share through video.
“Non-Personal Information” is information that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. The Company may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. Examples of Non-Personal Information AO1 that may be collected includes, but is not limited to:
i. Server Log Files. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We use your IP address, and the IP addresses of all users, for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site’s servers, and administering the Site. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many Sites.
iii. Environmental Variables. We and our service providers may also collect certain environmental variables, such as computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version. These environmental variables are collected by most browsers and can be used to optimize your experience on the Site.
iv. Pixel Tags. We, our service providers, and/or non-affiliated third-parties, may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with Cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, to provide online advertising, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted e-mail messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the e-mail has been opened.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF WE COMBINE ANY NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION, THE COMBINED INFORMATION WILL BE TREATED BY US AS PERSONAL INFORMATION AS LONG AS IT IS SO COMBINED.
Your Personal Information may be transmitted to such to third party service providers and suppliers who work on behalf of or with us to provide you with some of the services and features of the Services and to help us communicate with our users (including in connection with payments), including without limitation any of the Company’s subsidiaries. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDER’S ACTIONS OR INACTIONS. You authorize the Company to provide such third party providers with your Personal Information.
We may share Non-Personal Information that cannot identify you with third parties. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to our websites, the number of people who have downloaded a particular coupon or the number of people from a certain state who purchased a product from our third party partner.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT ADDRESS THE PRIVACY OR INFORMATION PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTIES.
4. Removal or Alteration of Your Personal Information. If you provide the Company written notice of your request to remove your Personal Information, we will endeavor to remove it as quickly as possible. You understand that any such removal is only intended to result in the removal of your Personal Information from the Company’s own records, but will not result in, nor will your request create an expectation of, any removal of any information about you from other available sources.
Corrections or updates to your information including your email address, phone number, mailing address, credit card information or password reminder phrase can be made by calling one of our representatives to have them update the information within your account. For your protection, our representatives may request supporting documents before making any changes or updates to your membership information.
5. Security Measures. We have security measures and tools, such as firewalls, in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us of the problem as soon as possible.
6. Privacy of Minors. The Site and the Services are directed to people who are at least 18 years old. The Company does not intentionally collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. YOU ARE ONLY AUTHORIZED TO USE THE SITE AND THE SERVICE, OR TO PROVIDE THE COMPANY YOUR INFORMATION IF YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD.
If you are aware that the Company has collected Personal Information from someone under the age of 18, please alert the Company via the contact information found on our Site, and the information will be removed from our system as soon as reasonably possible. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her Personal Information without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 18, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
7. Using the Site or Services. In addition to the information above, please also be aware of the following:
ii. Cookies. You have the ability to prohibit being served an advertisement based on cookie technology from certain companies. We may utilize reputable third-party vendors to serve advertisements. If, however, you are not comfortable with cookies, you can adjust the settings within your browser to further prohibit being served a cookie. Please see the browser’s instructions to perform this task. Additionally, the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) has developed an opt-out tool with the express purpose of allowing consumers to “opt-out” of the targeted advertising delivered by its member networks. We may share anonymous or de-identified information with such member networks for the purposes of delivering targeted advertising; however, you may visit the NAI opt-out page and opt-out of this cookie tracking if you do not wish to receive targeted advertising.
iii. Company Emails. By using the Company’s Site or Services, you may be enrolled to receive emails containing announcements, promotions, or offer from the Company. If you prefer not to receive these emails from us, please unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link in an email, or contact us.
WE CONTROL AND OPERATE THE SITE FROM THE UNITED STATES, AND THE SITE IS NOT INTENDED TO SUBJECT US TO THE LAWS OR JURISDICTION OF ANY STATE, COUNTRY OR TERRITORY OTHER THAN THAT OF THE UNITED STATES. WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE, OR ANY PART THEREOF, IS APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN ANY PARTICULAR JURISDICTION. THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO ACCESS THE SITE DO SO ON THEIR OWN INITIATIVE AND AT THEIR OWN RISK, AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLYING WITH ALL LOCAL LAWS, RULES AND REGULATIONS. WE MAY LIMIT THE SITE’S AVAILABILITY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, TO ANY PERSON, GEOGRAPHIC AREA OR JURISDICTION WE CHOOSE, AT ANY TIME AND IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION.
AO1We may also want to consider adding a Sensitive Personal Information section if applicable.
“Sensitive Personal Information” is information that meets the “personal information” criteria and also a.) reveals race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or b.) concerns health or sex life, information about Social Security benefits, or information on criminal or administrative proceedings other than in the context of pending legal proceedings.
AO2May or may not be applicable